- Ms. Michelle and Camelot are hosting an eight day summer trip in July to Yosemite National Park! If you are interested, please click on the link below for details.
document/d/180ZWu571qXTfxU4Lt_ uSo9GkijNqqkArd08gni5U7S4/ edit?usp=sharing
You can enjoy pictures from the 2012 Yosemite trip here:
- Our FTC Team had an incredible day at the State competition on Saturday, February 18th. They won both the Connect Award and the 3rd Place Inspire Award. They will now move on to the Super Regionals in Athens, Ga. later this month!
- Camelot Robotics Hosts Hugely Successful Scrimmage
Many thanks to students Kathleen Stancil-Sutton, Virginia Bruhn, Abby Weber, Colin Whiteford, Christopher Radcliffe, Elias Stephens, Zachary Ireland, and Xander Lord who held vital roles of referees, team mentors, score keepers, time keepers, and judges. Their professionalism and dedication to their roles created the perfect environment for learning and laughter. Additional thanks are due to an army of parent volunteers Sandy Bailey, Chris Larsen, David Whiteford, John Ireland, Cynthia McCalmon, Brennan Stephens, Jon Holt, and Chris Bailey who fully embraced many support roles throughout the day. Coaches Angela Ireland, Bob Radcliffe and Robyn Stephens were extremely proud of how the robotics program represented Camelot Academy to our larger community."
More photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
- September 27th, 2016: Senior Eddie O'Brien has been elected to the position of Government Affairs Officer on the Durham Youth Commission. In this position Eddie will serve as a liaison between the City Council and The Youth Commission.
- September, 2016: Senior Richard Carruthers has been named a National Merit Semi-Finalist.
- August, 2016: Camelot Academy purchases a 22-acre farm in North Durham which includes a 5-acre pond and an historic log cabin!
Thank you for exploring Camelot Academy.
Message From the Director
It's a pretty daunting task to sum up the heart and soul of such a vibrant community on a website. We've worked to make these pages tell our story and we hope they will entice you to visit us in person to learn more about our very unique school.
Camelot Academy represents my life's work. As a young woman of twenty-one I had an idea of a different way to "do school." I can see now that the two prominent mentors of my youth - my dad (Chris De Carlo - a successful businessman with very high but very common sense educational standards) and my college professor (Dr Julian Stanley - the internationally renowned pioneer in gifted education who was thinking outside the educational box before it was fashionable) shaped my vision of an innovative school that was run using the best practices of both business and education. As I was filled with the naiveté and courage of youth, I set out to make this idea a reality. Read More