Summer Programs 2017
- Summer Explorations
- Summer School 2017
Kids' Educational Summer Camp "Edu-Camp"
Download Registration Forms
The Camelot Way
- Tailor-Made Curriculum The "prescription" designed by the faculty to meet the needs of the student.
- Master-Based Learning An approach to learning that guarantees a student will always have the right amount of challenge.
- Diagnostic Testing Each student's knowledge base and learning style is assessed in each subject area.
- Safe, Nurturing Environment Providing support for social and emotional growth is part of our mission for development of the whole person. (1:8 counselor/student ratio)
- Professional Adult Counselors Assisted by college/high school junior counselors.
The Edu-Camp Program
- Daily reading instruction in an individualized program tailored to your student's needs.
- Instructional components include phonics, reading for meaning, oral reading, and vocabulary development.
- Daily writing assignments individualized to maintain/improve your child's written expression.
- Instructional components include basic grammar, sentence, and paragraph structure, and the building blocks of good story and essay writing.
- Daily drilling of math facts and word problems.
- Individualized math program that allows a student to work on appropriate skills/concepts from general math through Algebra 1.
- Daily field trips to exercise the body after a morning of exercising the brain!
- Roller Skating
- Family Farm Days
- Arts and Crafts
- On campus games and activities
- Drama - weekly instruction
- Nature Curriculum
Details and Registration
Download Registration Forms
- Dates: June 12, 2017 - August 4, 2017
- Time: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- * Also open to 5 year olds who have completed Kindergarten.
- Maximum enrollment: 30 campers per week. Space filled on a first-come, first-served basis with wait list available.
- $275 per week payable 50% at the time of registration and 50% on Monday, May 1, 2017.
- Non-refundable Registration Fees:
- $30 for 1 Week of Camp
- $50 for 2 Weeks of Camp*
- $75 for 3 Weeks of Camp*
- $100 for 4 or more Weeks of Camp*
- Registration fee is used to defray the costs of daily trips, camp t-shirt, academic workbooks, etc., and is separate from the weekly camp fee.
- Cancellations made before Monday, May 1st will receive a full refund minus the registration fee. (This includes a deduction in the amount refunded for campers who enroll via the Early Bird Special.) Cancellations made on Monday, May 1st or thereafter are non-refundable.
- After May 1st, full payment of camp fees plus the applicable registration fee is due at the time of booking.
- There is a $15 change fee if you wish to switch weeks in your reservation. Changes can be made on a space available basis.
- There is a late pick-up fee of $10 for pick-ups during the first 10 minutes after closing (5:30). After that time, there's an additional $1 per minute late pick-up charge.
- We reserve the right to discontinue services if a camper is unable or unwilling to follow camp rules and/or behavior guidelines. Camp fees will be forfeited.
- Campers must be 6 by the first day of camp or have completed a full year of kindergarten in a traditional school setting.
- Due to the academic nature of our program students with learning disabilities or other special needs should discuss the appropriateness of our program with our Director of Admissions prior to enrollment (Scott Mitchell 919-688-3040).
- Doors open at 8:00 AM. There is no early morning drop-off option.
- Campers bring lunch and one morning snack (afternoon snack is provided).
- Transportation is via Camelot Academy school bus and counselor automobiles.
For more information contact Scott Mitchell, Director of Admissions at (919) 688-3040.
Limited to 10 campers per week - Download Registration Forms | Download Fact Sheet
- Ages: 12 - 18
- Dates: June 12-16 or June 19-23 (only 2 sessions are offered)
- Time: 8 AM - 4 PM
- Cost: $325 per week
- Drop-off/Pick-up: Camelot Academy
Join us for a fun-filled week on Camelot Academy's 22 acre farm with a stocked pond! Students will spend the mornings learning how to do farm chores, tending and harvesting the garden, taking care of the small animals and exploring the herpetological life on the farm. In the afternoons, our group will return to our main campus for baking, preserving and sewing activities.
Jenny Feaster is a math and science teacher with 16 years of experience. She is a common fixture in the outdoor landscape of Camelot Academy. Her vision and enthusiasm for gardening and homesteading have proven to be hugely popular with the students at the school.
Dream it - Build it Camp
Limited to 5 campers per week - Download Registration Forms | Download Fact Sheet
- Ages: 14 - 18
- Time: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
- Cost: $395 per week
- Drop-off/Pick-up: Camelot Academy
Join master-builder Thad Lawrence on the Camelot Farm property in North Durham for a week of building projects tailored to the interests of the participants. Tree houses, tiny houses, gazebos, floating docks and decks are among the possibilities. Learn carpentry, design and use of tools in this all hands-on experience.
Summer School 2017
For rising 4th-12th graders - Download Registration Forms
Camelot Academy's summer academic offerings follow in the tradition of our school-year approach to education. Instruction is individualized, class sizes are small, and an emphasis is placed on true mastery of the material.
Credit arrangements can be made with other schools. We require a letter from the principal or guidance counselor of a student's home school outlining the requirements for granting credit. This letter must be submitted to Camelot prior to the start of summer classes.
Weekly sessions June-August, 2017 (minimum 2 weeks enrollment)
- Schedule: Weekday mornings, 9 AM - Noon
- Format: General math through pre-calculus is taught with the individualized mastery learning approach utilized in Camelot's academic year program. Credit is based on pace and masteryof material.*
- Minimum 2 weeks enrollment
- $100 non-refundable registration fee
- $275 per week, plus registration fee
- $250 per week, Camelot Student Rate, plus registration fee
- Registration fee plus 50% of the tuition fee is due at the time of entrollment.
- Receive a $50 discount for payment in full upon enrollment by Monday, March 6th.
- Homework will be assigned nightly.
*Successful completion of this course may satisfy a Camelot grade of "Incomplete" due to absence, pace, or mastery.
**Students working towards credit for a public high school may be required to attend additional study sessions 2-3 times per week to meet the hour requirements. These sessions will be available at an additional charge.
Important Notice: Students from other schools needing only a 2nd semester credit will be required to demonstrate mastery of 1st semester material prior to enrollment.
Please Note: Historically this class fills with a wait list!!! Group size is limited to 10 students, and classes are filled on a first come-first served basis.
- June 5th-9th
- June 12th-16th
- June 19th-23rd
- July 10th-14th
- July 17th-21st
- July 24th-28th
- July 31st - August 4th