Summer Programs 2015
- Edu-Camp (ages 5-12, see below)
- Summer Explorations
- Chinese Language Immersion Camp
- More info coming soon!
- Summer School 2015 (rising 4th-12th graders)
Kids' Educational Summer Camp
The Camelot Way
- Diagnostic Testing: Each student's knowledge base and learning style is assessed in each subject area at the beginning of their term.
- Tailor-Made Curriculum: The "prescription" designed by the faculty to meet the needs of the student.
- Mastery-Based Learning: An approach to learning that guarantees a student will always have the right amount of challenge.
- Safe, Nurturing Environment: Providing support for social and emotional growth is part of our mission for development of the whole person. (1:8 counselor: student ratio)
- Professional adult counselors assisted by college and high school age junior counselors.
The Edu-Camp Program
- Daily reading instruction in an individualized program tailored to your student's needs.
- Instructional components include phonics, reading for meaning, oral reading, and vocabulary development.
- Daily writing assignments individualized to maintain/improve your child's written expression.
- Instructional components include basic grammar, sentence and paragraph structure, and the building blocks of good story and essay writing.
- Daily drilling of math facts and word problems.
- Individualized math program that allows a student to work on appropriate skills/concepts from general math through Algebra 1.
- Daily field trips to exercise the body after a morning of exercising the brain!
- Roller Skating
- "Surprise Friday" field trip activity
- Arts and Crafts
- On campus games and activities
- Drama- weekly instruction
- Computer technology program especially designed for educational summer camps
Details and Registration
- $240/week, payble 50% at time of registration and 50% on Friday, May 1, 2015.
- Non-refundable registration fee of $30 for one week, $50 for two weeks, $75 for three weeks, and $100 for four or more weeks.
- Please see the registration form for Camelot Student discount, Early Bird special, and additional details and fees.
- Campers must be 6 by the first day of camp (or have completed a full year of kindergarten in a traditional school setting).
- Due to the academic nature of our program students with learning disabilities or other special needs should discuss the appropriateness of our program with our Director of Admissions prior to enrollment (Scott Mitchell 919 688-3040).
- Doors open at 8:00AM. There is no early morning drop-off option.
- Campers bring lunch and one morning snack (afternoon snack is provided).
- Transportation during the day is via Camelot Academy school bus outfitted with seatbelts and counselor automobiles.
For more information contact Scott Mitchell, Director of Admissions: 919 688-3040.
A world-expanding, life-changing opportunity!
for ages 11–18; limit 20 students per week
No prior exposure to the Chinese Language required!
Experience an introduction to Chinese language and culture with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to practice and collaborate with peers from China eager to improve their language. Daily field trips—both educational and recreational. Explore North Carolina and the world from a different perspective and serve as an "ambassador" to new friends from China.
Instructors: Guest teachers from China will provide language and culture instruction. They will accompany Camelot Academy teachers and counselors on field trips and outings.
July 20–24; 8:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
$300 per week, lunch included
Early Bird discount of $50 for enrollment/payment before March 10, 2015
(Option of free camp for families who host a student from China for the duration of the program. Contact RTP-ICE for more information on hosting: 888-900-9858 or email@example.com.)
More coming soon!
Summer School 2015
Registration info coming soon!
(for rising 4th–12th graders)
Camelot Academy's summer academic offerings follow in the tradition of our school-year approach to education. Instruction is individualized, class sizes are small, and emphasis is placed on true mastery of the material.
Credit arrangements can be made with other schools. We require a letter from the principal or guidance counselor of a student's home school outlining the requirements for granting credit. This letter must be submitted to Camelot prior to the start of summer classes.
Weekly sessions June–August, 2014 (minimum 2 weeks enrollment)
Summer School Classes
|Format:||General Math through Precalculus is taught with the individualized mastery learning approach used in Camelot's regular academic year program. (*credit based on pace and mastery of material)|
|Tuition:||$200 per week (minimum 2 weeks enrollment), plus
$100 non-refundable registration fee
(See the registration forms for additional details.)
- Registration fee plus 50% of the tuition fee is due at the time of enrollment.
- Receive a $50 discount for payment in full upon enrollment by Thursday, March 10th.
- Group size limited to 10 students; classes are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Homework will be assigned nightly.
*Successful completion of this course may satisfy a Camelot grade of "Incomplete" due to absence, pace, or mastery.
**Students working towards credit for a public high school may be required to attend additional study sessions 2–3 times per week to meet hour requirements. These sessions will be available at an additional charge.
Important Notice: Students from other schools needing only a 2nd semester credit will be required to demonstrate mastery of 1st semester material prior to enrollment.