Summer Programs 2019
- Edu-Ventures: Learning Lifted Off the Page!
- Summer School 2019
Edu-Ventures: Learning Lifted Off the Page!
Choose YOUR Adventures!
- Creek Stomp - June 10 - June 14
- Visit a different local creek each day to explore the nature and history of these important water sources.
- Let’s Fly!!! Aviation - June 17 - June 21
- Explore the wonders of flight from birds to planes through experimentation and observation.
- Natural Wonders - July 8 - July 12
- A SPECIAL FORMAT week - all day, every day at the Camelot Farm - where our literature, reading and math lessons are FULLY INTEGRATED with the experiences that await us in Nature - on the pond, in the barnyard and in the woods!
- LEGO Robotics - July 15 - July 19
- Build, test and program autonomous robots using LEGO®MINDSTORMS® EV3 technology.
- Look to the Stars: Astronomy - July 22 – July 26
- Myths and legends, constellations, current events - the possibilities are infinite!
- Farm Fun - July 29 – August 2
- Every day a different farm to explore - learn about raising plants and animals from both hobby farmers and career farmers.
Details and Registration
Download Registration Form
- $295.00/week payable 50% at time of registration and 50% on May 1, 2019.
- Non-Refundable Registration Fee:
- $25 for 1 Week of Camp
- $45 for 2 Weeks of Camp*
- $60 for 3 Weeks of Camp*
- $75 for 4 or more Weeks of Camp*
- Registration fee is used to defray the costs of daily trips, camp T-shirt, academic workbooks, etc. and is separate from the weekly camp fee.
- Cancellations made before May 1st will receive a full refund minus the registration fee. (This includes a deduction in the amount refunded for campers who enroll via the Early Bird Special.) Cancellations made on May 1st or thereafter are non-refundable.
- After May 1st full payment of camp fees plus the applicable registration fee is due at the time of booking.
- There is a $15.00 change fee if you wish to switch weeks in your reservation. Changes can be made on a space available basis.
- There is a late pick-up fee of $10.00 for pick-ups during the first 10 minutes after closing (5:30 PM). After that time there is an additional $1.00 per minute pick-up charge.
- We reserve the right to discontinue services if a camper is unable or unwilling to follow camp rules and/or behavior guidelines. Camp fees will be forfeited.
- Open to children ages 6-12. Campers must be 6 by the first day of camp (or have completed a full year of kindergarten in a traditional school setting).
- Due to the academic nature of our program students with learning differences or other special needs should discuss the appropriateness of our program with our Director of Admissions prior to enrollment (Scott Mitchell 688-3040).
- Doors open at 8:00AM. There is no earlier drop-off option.
- Campers bring lunch and one morning snack (afternoon snack is provided).
- Transportation is via Camelot Academy school bus.
For more information contact Scott Mitchell, Director of Admissions at (919) 688-3040.
Summer School 2019
For rising 5th-12th graders - Download Registration Form
Camelot Academy's summer academic offerings follow in the tradition of our school-year approach to education. Instruction is individualized, class sizes are small, and emphasis is placed on true mastery of the material.
Credit arrangements can be made with other schools. We require a letter from the principal or guidance counselor of a student's home school outlining the requirements for granting credit. This letter must be submitted to Camelot prior to the start of summer classes.
Weekly sessions June-August, 2019 (minimum 2 weeks enrollment)
- Mathematics - Weekday mornings, 9:00 AM – Noon
- Language Arts - Weekday afternoons, 1 – 4 PM
Math - General math through pre-calculus is taught with the individualized mastery learning approach utilized in Camelot's academic year program. Credit is based on pace and mastery of material.*
Language Arts, topics available based on student need:
- Novel Study
- Research Writing
- Grammar & Mechanics
- Vocabulary & College Application Essays
- Mathematics - Weekday mornings, 9:00 AM – Noon
- Minimum 2 weeks enrollment
- $50 non-refundable registration fee
- $295 per week, per course plus registration fee
- $275 Camelot Student Rate, per week, per course plus registration fee
*Successful completion of this course may satisfy a Camelot grade of "Incomplete" due to absence, pace, or mastery.
**Students working towards credit for a public high school may be required to attend additional study sessions 2-3 times per week to meet hour requirements. These sessions will be available at an additional charge.
Important Notice: Students from other schools needing only a 2nd semester credit will be required to demonstrate mastery of 1st semester material prior to enrollment.
Please Note: Historically this class fills with a wait list!!!
Group size is limited to 10 students, and classes are filled on a first come-first served basis.
- June 10th-14th
- June 17th-21st
- Closed June 24th – July 5th
- July 8th-12th
- July 15th-19th
- July 22nd-26th
- July 29th-August 2nd