Sunday, May 19, 2019
As you are aware, we are about to head into the final week of the school year. It is a time of excitement and sentimentality and we are hard at work preparing to launch our Class of 2019 with a special graduation ceremony. Students of all ages - from Jr MAPP to Upper School - are important to our culminating activities and the graduation ceremony itself. These last few days have a lot of special circumstances of times and places, so please read this email carefully.
- All Summer Reading forms need to be signed and returned with a notation of the Orientation Book selection for Middle and Upper School students
- All school-issued texts, novels and sports uniforms need to be returned
Summer Sign Up!
- Math and English Summer School begin on June 10th
- Week-long EduVentures camps begin on June 10th
- Info and registration here: https://www.camelotacademy.
Summer EduVentures Featured Camp - LEGO Robotics - July 15-19
Join Coach Robyn and Ms. Amanda for a week in which campers will design, build and program robots using LEGO’s most advanced and newest robotics technology - the powerful MINDSTORMS® EV3. EV3 features an easy-to-use graphical programming language that lets students immediately begin simple robotics programming and then advance into developing more complex algorithms. Campers will work in pairs or individually to complete projects and compete in an end-of-week tournament. This camp will focus on the engineering design process, building, and programming using EV3. Mathematics instruction will include estimating, measuring and negative numbers. How-to Writing will be central to the language arts component.
Middle and Upper School Exam Review Day- Regular Schedule
Middle and Upper School Math Exams - Morning**
Afternoon - Periods D and E
Middle and Upper School Foreign Language/ELL exams- Morning**
Middle and Upper School dismissed at 12:15 PM
** Students who do not have an exam in the stated subject area do not need to attend during the exam period (9 AM- Noon)
Middle and Upper School complete ‘19-20 Course survey
Locker and building clean-up
Whole school yearbook signing and graduation practice
- 12:00 PM dismissal for MAPP students
- 12:15 PM dismissal for Middle and Upper School
- Optional Care by advance sign up
All students report to CAROLINA THEATER for graduation rehearsal
-Underclassmen between 8 and 8:20 AM
- Seniors at 11 AM
Pick up from Camelot
- 11 AM - MAPP and Middle Grades dismissal
- 12 PM - Upper School dismissal
- No Optional Care
WHOLE SCHOOL Graduation Ceremony (a required parent event)
- 8:45 AM - Students arrive at Carolina Theater
I look forward to seeing you on Saturday morning to celebrate Camelot’s Class of 2019 and our entire Camelot Family!