Sunday, June 08, 2021
I hope your summer is off to a great start.
We had teacher work days through last Friday and now we turn to the large task of producing end of year grades, comments and reports. Perhaps the highlight of last week was a faculty gathering on the porch. It was delightful to be together in person and to once again share summer plans that include travel by our staff to many destinations - including England and Alaska! Our gathering also included a heartfelt send-off to our treasured colleague Dr. Erin Grady as she prepares to embark on the next step in her professional journey, as a teacher at Ravenscroft School in Raleigh.
I want to include one last round of thanks to the many staff members who made graduation weekend full of lovely memories for us all.
- Greg, his partner Cami, Josh and Tyler for preparation and site management at the farm
- Mr. Tom and Mr. Thomas for their assistance on site
- Ms. Lori and team for orchestrating the parade
- Ms. Robin and the yearbook team for the Whole School Memories slideshow - Link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lGBj98MDJcqYHgDiEn8R-Rxdje3wxAu/view?usp=sharing
- Ms. Amy, Ms. Lori and Mr. Dan for the Senior Send-off Movie (uncut version) link here: https://youtu.be/xqmnDdsl-ms
- Ms. Wendy for orchestrating details from flowers to diplomas - and so much more
- Mr. Irfan - for his genius in editing all the pieces together into one smooth and lovely production - from parade to hats off! A keepsake video can be ordered here: https://forms.gle/Kjnc5iK6M46GfcLQA
Textbooks and school materials are due back now to the labeled collection boxes on the porch.
Yearbooks and T-shirts for those not present the last day on campus are available for pick-up during school hours - please ring the bell.
Summer Reading for rising 3rd-12th graders is in full swing. If you have questions about assignments, please reach out to the appropriate teacher or to me.
Summer Camps at the farm with Mr. Thomas - week of August 9.
- “Through the Lens of an Animal” - rising 2nd-6th graders
- “Conservation and Construction” - rising 7th-12th graders
More info and registration here:
THE WEEK AHEAD:
-Summer School starts this week for students rising to grades 5-12.
- Language Arts and math instruction is being offered on site. Several weeks are full. More info and registration is here:
Friday, June 25- End of year grades released to portal and mailed
Monday, June 28-Friday, July 9 - School Closed for Summer Break
(Office closed and no summer school or camps)
Week of August 9 - Camps at the farm (see above)
Tuesday, August 24 - Parent Orientation
Thursday, August 26 - First day of school!
I’ll be in touch again soon. In the meantime, please take good care!