If you are a family new to Camelot Academy, sign up in Signup Genius for the New Camelot Family Session with Thelma DeCarlo-Glynn, Founding Director of Camelot Academy.
The website to sign up is: http://www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C084CA4A622A1FA7-20161
These one-hour sessions are for new families only; (attendance at one of these sessions is required). The goal is to make your transition to Camelot Academy a pleasant one. It is also an opportunity to meet other new families and ask questions. The sessions will be held on Thursday, August 4th and Tuesday, August 9th starting at 5:30 p.m. at Saladelia Café’s main location, 4201 University Drive, Durham, 27707. For directions see www.saladelia.com These sessions cover a lot of ground at a fast pace, we do request the events be parent only sessions.
- Whole School Parent Orientation on Monday, August 22nd – New Format! · 5:30 PM Lower School Parents · 6:30 PM Middle Grades Parents · 7:30 PM Upper School Parents This is a required parent event for: - All families in their 1st or 2nd year of Camelot Academy. - All Families with a student entering a new division (i.e. rising to Middle or Upper School). ***Families in their 3rd or subsequent year with a student returning to the same division may opt out of Parent Orientation by completing the Online Parent Orientation Questionnaire prior to Friday, August 19th.
- Congratulations to everyone for a great graduation ceremony. For more information see our press release!
- Congrats to junior David McShea for his acceptance to the Oberlin Sonic Arts Workshop this summer.
- Kudos to the seventh grader Tully Daniel whose participation in the Duke Talent Identification Program has qualified him for recognition in the State Ceremony.
- May 8th - Congratulations to the following on their college acceptances:
- Congrats to senior Yuqing Liu on his acceptances to the University of Pittsburgh and to Virginia Tech with a 16K Virginia Tech Merit Scholarship.
- Congratulations to junior Richard Carruthers on his acceptance to the Summer Language Academie (Chinese) of Middlebury Interactive Languages.
- April 24th - Congratulations to the following seniors on their college acceptances/news:
- Yuqing Liu - the University of Buffalo with a $20,000 International Admissions Scholarship
- April 17th - Congratulations to the following seniors on their college acceptances/news:
- Yuqing Liu - Drew University
- April 2016 - Kudos to junior Peter Zhao on his acceptance to the National Student Leadership Conference on Medicine & Health Care to be held at Harvard University this summer.
- April 10th - Congratulations to the following seniors on their college acceptances/news:
- Jeremy Lin - University of Miami
- Cole Kurtzman - Hampshire College
- Cole Kurtzman - Drexel University
- Cole Kurtzman - American University
- Sarah Fauver - Whitman College and the University of Puget Sound with an $80,000 academic merit scholarship and admission to the honors program
- April 2016 - Sophomore Willa Holt accepted to NC School of Science and Math
- April 2016 - Third Grader Mira Salemy wins second place in NC Chinese Language Speech Contest - Beginner Category
- April 3rd - Congratulations to the following seniors on their college acceptances/news:
- Victoria Hill - whose scholarship totals for Berry College have increased to $87,920
- Ben Kirby - Virginia Tech
- Ben Kirby - NC State
- Leah Flood - NC Central with a $14,000 Scholarship and a place in their honors program
- Johnny Qian - Drexel University
- March 2016 - Camelot Academy named one of top 25 private high schools in NC (one of three named in Durham) in Niche.com ranking.
- March 21rst - 31rst China Trip - Check here for info and see photos
- March 20th - Congratulations to the following seniors on their college acceptances/news:
- Johnny Qian - University of California - San Diego
- Abigail Johnson - Berry College with a $36,000 scholarship
- March 13th - Congratulations to the following seniors on their college acceptances/news:
- Abigail Johnson - Brevard College with a $10,000 scholarship
- Abigail Johnson - Warren Wilson College with a $40,000 scholarship
- Leah Flood - UNC Asheville
- Johnny Qian - University of California - Davis
- March 6th - Congratulations to the following seniors on their college acceptances/news:
- Cole Kurtzman - UNC Asheville
- Ben Kirby - UNC Asheville
- January 31st - Congratulations to the following seniors on their college acceptances/news:
- Johnny Qian - University of Minnesota
- January 16th Congratulations to Team RoboKnights
- December 12th Service Learning Parents’ Day Out
- Camelot represented in city leadership
- Camelot ZOOMs into the new school year!
- Camelot travels to Boston/New York City
- Camelot Graduates Enjoy A Unique Graduation
- Camelot Student one of Six "World Changers"
- Class of '14 Valedictorian on WTVD
- Camelot Director featured in Durham Magazine
- Camelot student reports for Herald-Sun on National Jamboree
- Herald-Sun covers arrival of summer students from China
- Herald-Sun covers Camelot Graduation
- Eighth Grader Rachel Milkereit: Student Entrepreneur
- Camelot Students Travel to Yosemite, 3/25-3/30
- Durham Magazine profiles student poet
- Durham Magazine covers Bilingual Program
- Camelot Hosts Chinese Bilingual Summer Program
- Camelot offering Bilingual Cultural Exchange Program this summer.
- Camelot Student Wins National Award for Poetry
- Camelot 'Best Value'
Message From the DirectorThank you for exploring Camelot Academy.
It's a pretty daunting task to sum up the heart and soul of such a vibrant community on a website. We've worked to make these pages tell our story and we hope they will entice you to visit us in person to learn more about our very unique school.
Camelot Academy represents my life's work. As a young woman of twenty-one I had an idea of a different way to "do school." I can see now that the two prominent mentors of my youth - my dad (Chris De Carlo - a successful businessman with very high but very common sense educational standards) and my college professor (Dr Julian Stanley - the internationally renowned pioneer in gifted education who was thinking outside the educational box before it was fashionable) shaped my vision of an innovative school that was run using the best practices of both business and education. As I was filled with the naiveté and courage of youth, I set out to make this idea a reality. Read More