- OPEN HOUSE Saturday, February 4th, 1-3 PM (Register HERE)
Drop by to meet Camelot faculty, tour our classrooms and learn about our school year and summer programs.
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY: 1 PM Panel Discussion "How To Choose the Best School for Your Child"
A panel of experts will talk about the factors and options available from kindergarten through high school. Approaches to evaluating a school, evaluating the needs of the student and finding a good 'fit' for your child, will be discussed.
- Camelot Robotics Hosts Hugely Successful Scrimmage
Many thanks to students Kathleen Stancil-Sutton, Virginia Bruhn, Abby Weber, Colin Whiteford, Christopher Radcliffe, Elias Stephens, Zachary Ireland, and Xander Lord who held vital roles of referees, team mentors, score keepers, time keepers, and judges. Their professionalism and dedication to their roles created the perfect environment for learning and laughter. Additional thanks are due to an army of parent volunteers Sandy Bailey, Chris Larsen, David Whiteford, John Ireland, Cynthia McCalmon, Brennan Stephens, Jon Holt, and Chris Bailey who fully embraced many support roles throughout the day. Coaches Angela Ireland, Bob Radcliffe and Robyn Stephens were extremely proud of how the robotics program represented Camelot Academy to our larger community."
More photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
- September 27th, 2016: Senior Eddie O'Brien has been elected to the position of Government Affairs Officer on the Durham Youth Commission. In this position Eddie will serve as a liaison between the City Council and The Youth Commission.
- September, 2016: Senior Richard Carruthers has been named a National Merit Semi-Finalist.
- August, 2016: Camelot Academy purchases a 22-acre farm in North Durham which includes a 5-acre pond and an historic log cabin!
Thank you for exploring Camelot Academy.
Message From the Director
It's a pretty daunting task to sum up the heart and soul of such a vibrant community on a website. We've worked to make these pages tell our story and we hope they will entice you to visit us in person to learn more about our very unique school.
Camelot Academy represents my life's work. As a young woman of twenty-one I had an idea of a different way to "do school." I can see now that the two prominent mentors of my youth - my dad (Chris De Carlo - a successful businessman with very high but very common sense educational standards) and my college professor (Dr Julian Stanley - the internationally renowned pioneer in gifted education who was thinking outside the educational box before it was fashionable) shaped my vision of an innovative school that was run using the best practices of both business and education. As I was filled with the naiveté and courage of youth, I set out to make this idea a reality. Read More